Killer cold calls – the structure
When it comes to cold-calling many people think they can just “wing it”, but with 10 seconds to grab a prospects attention and engage them long enough to get your message across; preparation is your key to success. Remember, first impressions are lasting … often there is no second chance.
If we accept preparation is crucial to success, we need to understand how to prepare … and more importantly what makes a good script.
So, what makes a good script? Although scripts vary according to industry type, a basic structure remains constant.
- Ask for the prospect by name
- Identify yourself, and your company
- “Sound bite” – concise value proposition
- Describe benefits
- Engage prospect and initiate dialogue
- Answer questions & objections
- Position as expert & build credibility
- Meeting request (purpose statement with 2 time options)
- Set meeting time
- Confirm time, address etc. & allow questions
- Exit call gracefully
….. READ MORE